Expiratory flow rates in boys
- 16 Downloads
From the Force Vital Capacity tracing obtained in 174 healthy school boys between 7 and 16 years of age, the flow over the initial 500 ml. (M.E.F.R. 1–700), middle half (M.M.F.) and third arter (E.F.R. 50–75) were calculated. data were statistically analysed and results compared with Western data. the flow rates increase with age, and flow a highly significant positive correlation with height, weight and B.S.A. Western dues are higher and the regression luations from Western data are unsuitable use in our subjects. Simple prediction mulae based on age and weight were erived for estimating expected values in dian boys.
KeywordsForce Vital Capacity Ventilatory Function Western Data Middle Half Maximum Breathing Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharya, A.K. and Banerjee, S. (1966). Vital pacity in children and young adults of India.Indian Med. Res. 54, 62.Google Scholar
- Chernick, R.M. (1962). Ventilatory function in formal children.Canadian Med. Assoc. J. 87, 80.Google Scholar
- Dickman, M.L., Schmidt, C.D. and Gardner, R.M. (1971). Spirometric standards for normal children and adolescents (Ages 5 years through 18 years).Amer. Rev. Resp. Dis. 105, 680.Google Scholar
- Jain, S.K. and Ramiah, T.J. (1968). Lung volumes and mechanics of breathing in healthy boys 7–14 years old.Indian J. Chest. Dis. 10, 63.Google Scholar
- Lcuallen, E.G. and Fowler, W.S. (1955). Maximal mid-expiratory flow.Amer. Rev. Tuberc. 72, 783.Google Scholar
- Meenakshi, K. and Singh H.D. (1971). Lung function in school boys.Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 15, 16.Google Scholar
- Senterre, J. (1963). Etude du trace spirographique d’une expiration force chez l’enfant sain.Heivet. Paediat. Acta,18, 415.Google Scholar
- Singh, H.D. (1965). Ventilatory function studies in male children.Current Med. Pract. 9, 419.Google Scholar
- Singh, H.D. (1966). Timed Vital Capacity in male children.Indian J. Pediat. 33, 8.Google Scholar
- Singh, H.D., Bageerathi, K. and Meenakshi, K. (1971). Spirometric studies in school boys.Indian J. Pediat. 8, 822.Google Scholar