Flux growth and habit modification of CaWO4 crystals
- 36 Downloads
The poor quality of natural scheelite necessitates growing these crystals in the laboratory. The flux growth method has been modified to obtain crystals of better quality. Various habits of the grown crystals are reported. The effect of the growth conditions like temperature, cooling rate, charge composition, etc. to yield different morphology has been investigated.
KeywordsScheelite flux growth habits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anikin I N 1958Growth Cryst. (USSR) 1 259Google Scholar
- Dana E S 1963A text book of mineralogy (New York; John Wiley)Google Scholar
- Golubkova Yu M 1951Zap. Uzb. Otd. Vses. Mineral. Ova. 2 81Google Scholar
- Halmshaw R 1971Non-destructive testing Society. Great Britain 23Google Scholar
- Kroger F A 1948Some aspects of the luminescence of solids (New York: Elsevier)Google Scholar
- Kukui A L, Parkhomovskii V L and Budko V L 1967Zap. Uzb. Otd. Vses. Mineral Ova. 96 306Google Scholar
- Nassau K 1963Optical masers (Brooklyn Polytechnic Press) p. 451Google Scholar