Modelling and parameter estimation for fly-by-wire aircraft/control systems
- 138 Downloads
This paper covers in detail the issues related to parameter estimation of open loop dynamics of fly-by-wire aircraft/control systems from closed loop data. System identifiability aspects in the closed loop and the effect of various feedback types on the parameterisation of the system matrices are reviewed. The methods commonly employed for the detection of collinearity in the data are discussed. A brief discussion of the common methods used for analysis of unstable/augmented aircraft are given. Also, controller information based identification method (CIBIM), which utilises knowledge of the controller in the analysis, is presented. The discussion is followed by numerical results of application of the techniques to simulated data.
KeywordsFly-by-wire aircraft control systems open loop dynamics parameter estimation filtering regression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bierman G J 1977Factorisation methods for discrete sequential estimation. (London: Academic Press)Google Scholar
- Girija G, Jategaonkar R V 1991 Some results of ATTAS flight data analysis using maximum likelihood parameter estimation method. DLR-FB-9104, IFM, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- Girija G, Raol J R 1993 PC based flight path reconstruction using UD factorisation filtering algorithm.Defence Sci. J. 43: 429–447Google Scholar
- Girija G, Raol J R 1995a Controller information based identification methods. InProc. 34th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nevada, USA AIAA paper no. 96-0900Google Scholar
- Girija G, Raol J R 1995b Estimation of parameters of unstable and augmented aircraft system using recursive mixed estimation technique.J. Inst. Eng. (Aerosp. Div.) 76: 15–22Google Scholar
- Jategaonkar R V, Plaetchke E 1983 Maximum likelihood parameter estimation from flight test data. DFVLR-FB 83-14, IFM, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- Koehler R, Wilhelm K 1979 Closed loop aspects of aircraft identification. AGARD LS-104, pp 10–1 to 10–25Google Scholar
- Maine R E, Iliff K W 1986 Application of parameter estimation to aircraft stability and control — the output error approach. NASA RP 1168Google Scholar
- Maine R E, Murray J E 1988 Application of parameter estimation to highly unstable aircraft.J. Guidance, Control Dynamics 11: 213–219Google Scholar
- Mereau P, Abu El Ata-Doss S 1985 Parameter estimation of aircraft with fly-by-wire control systems.IFAC Proceedings on identification and system parameter estimation (Pergamon)Google Scholar
- Plaetschke E, Weiss S, Rohlf D 1993 Identification at high angles of attack applied to X-31A flight test data. InProc. NAL DLR Symposium on System Identification, DLR-Mitt. 93-14, DLR, GermanyGoogle Scholar