Design and fabrication of liquid phase epitaxy system
- 88 Downloads
The design and fabrication of a simple and versatile liquid phase epitaxial (LPE) system has been described. The present LPE system makes use of the horizontal multi-bin boat and slider arrangement which enables the growth of even multilayered structures. The growth chamber is heated by a single-zone resistive furnace precisely controlled through a Eurotherm 902P temperature programmer and controller. The vacuum manifolds and accessories are set up in such a way as to ensure high vacuum needed for growth experiments. The provision is also made to admit high purity gases like hydrogen or nitrogen into the growth chamber. The design has been kept simple without sacrificing the versatility and adaptability for novel growth experiments. The typical films grown by this LPE system are also presented.
KeywordsLiquid phase epitaxy multi-bin boat indium antimonide surface morphology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Astles M G 1990 inLiquid-phase epitaxial growth of III–V compound semiconductors (Bristol: IOP. Pub. Ltd)Google Scholar
- Choi Y H, Staveteig P T, Bigan E and Razeghi M 1994J. Appl. Phys. 75 6Google Scholar
- Dawson L R 1972 inProgress in solid state chemistry (Oxford: Pergamon Press)Google Scholar
- Kuphal E 1991Appl. Phys. A52 380Google Scholar
- Nelson H 1963RCA Rev. 24 603Google Scholar
- Udayashankar N K, Venkataraghavan R, Nirmal Kumar and Bhat H L 1999Phys. Status Solidi (communicated)Google Scholar