Solid state studies on rare earth mixed oxide pyrochlores Er2(V1−x Fe x )4/3 W2/3O7
Complete series of solid solutions exist in the mixed oxide pyrochlore system, Er 2 3+ (V 1−x 3+ Fe x 3+ )4/3 W 2 3/6+ O7, with the crystal structure changing from cubic to rhombohedral atx=0·25. The compounds are semiconductors at 300 K exhibitingp- orn-type behaviour depending on the value ofx. The observed resistivity and Seebeck coefficient data as a function of temperature have been interpreted in terms of a hopping mechanism.
KeywordsMixed pyrochlores electrical properties mechanism of conduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Basile F, Poix P and Michel A 1977Ann. Chim. 2 283Google Scholar
- Parker R 1975Magnetic oxides (ed.) D J Craik Part 1 (London: Wiley) p. 421Google Scholar
- Rao C N R and Rao K J 1978Phase transitions in solids (New York: McGraw Hill)Google Scholar
- Rao C N R and Subba Rao G V 1970Phys. Stat. Solidi 1a 597Google Scholar
- Rao C N R and Subba Rao G V 1974NSRDS-NBS (USA)-49, US Dept. Commerce pp. 1–138Google Scholar
- Shannon R D and Prewitt C T 1969Acta Crystallogr. B25 925Google Scholar
- Shannon R D and Prewitt C T 1970Acta Crystallogr. B26 1046Google Scholar