Some electrical and magnetic properties of γ-Fe2O3
- 48 Downloads
γ-Fe2O3 synthesized from FeC4H4O4·4H2O has been studied using various techniques. The phase transformation observed by electrical conductivity measurements agrees well with the initial magnetization measurement. The magnetic hysteresis values compare with those ofγ-Fe2O3 samples synthesized using established procedures.γ-Fe2O3 particles obtained were circular in shape showing a well resolved six narrow bands in Mössbauer spectrum. The presence of hydrogen ferrite phase was also confirmed by electrical and magnetic measurements.
KeywordsElectrical conductivity Seebeck coefficient ferrites initial magnetization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bate G 1975 inMagnetic oxides (ed.) D J Craik (London: Wiley Interscience) Ch. 12Google Scholar
- Manjula R 1990 inFerrite materials science and technology (eds.) B Viswanadhan and V R K Murthy (New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House) Ch. 2Google Scholar
- Schnettler F J 1972 inPhysics of electronic ceramics Part B (eds) L L Hench and D B Dove (New York: Marcel Dekker) Ch. 25Google Scholar
- Venkataraman A 1987In synthesis and properties of γ-ferric oxide, Ph.D. thesis, University of Poona, Pune.Google Scholar
- Vishwanadhan B 1990 inFerrite materials science and technology, (eds) B Vishwanadhan and V R K Murthy (New Delhi: Narosa) Ch. 1Google Scholar