Study of dielectric properties of nanophase silver iodide
- 35 Downloads
Dielectric properties of nanophase AgI are studied over the frequency range from 100 kHz to 3 MHz at different temperatures. The values ofε, tanδ andσ ac are considerably larger than those reported for crystalline pellets of AgI, but they show a similar trend in variation with frequency and temperature. The increase in these values are attributed to the defect structure of the nano-particles.
KeywordsNanoparticles dielectric properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abdulkhadar M and Binny Thomas 1994Solid state ionic materials (eds) B V R Chowdariet al (Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co) p. 247Google Scholar
- Biermann W and Jost W 1960Z. Phys. Chem. (Fankf a.M) 17 139Google Scholar
- Chandra S 1981Superionic solids (New York: North Holland Publishing Co)Google Scholar
- Gon H B and Rao K V 1980Indian J. Phys. 54A 50Google Scholar
- Hayashi S and Abe H 1984Jpn J. Appl. Phys. 23 L824Google Scholar
- Kingery W D 1976Introduction to ceramics 2 ed. (New York: John Wiley) p. 938Google Scholar
- Siegel R W 1994Physics of new materials (ed.) F E Fujita (New York: Springer Verlag) p. 65Google Scholar
- Suryanarayana P, Acharya H N and Rao K V 1984J. Mater. Sci. 3 21Google Scholar
- Taylor A 1961X-ray metallography (New York: Wiley) p. 674Google Scholar