Growth of hexagonal selenium crystals: Observation of new growth morphologies
In this communication, we report the single crystal growth of selenium by the solution method. We have observed a new mesh-like growth pattern in hexagonal selenium for the first time. Crystals having hexagonal morphology are packed together like hay stick bunches.
KeywordsSelenium crystal growth growth pattern crystal morphology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abdullayev G B, Asadov Y G and Mamedov K P 1969The physics of selenium and tellurium, (eds) W Charles Cooper, (Oxford: Pergamon Press) 103Google Scholar
- Charles Cooper W and Westbury R A 1979 inSelenium (eds) A Zingaro Ralph and W Charles Cooper (New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold company) Chap 3, p. 87Google Scholar
- Iizima S, Taynai J and Nicolet M-A 1969The physics of selenium and tellurium. (ed.) W Charles Cooper (Oxford: Pergamon Press) p. 199Google Scholar
- Kolb E D 1969The physics of selenium and tellurium, (ed.) W Charles Cooper (Oxford: Pergamon Press) p. 155Google Scholar
- Lucovsky G 1979The physics of selenium and tellurium, (eds) E Gerlack and P Grosse (Berlin: Springer-Verlag) Part VII, p. 178Google Scholar