Studies on ionic transport properties of a new Ag+ ion conducting composite electrolyte system (1−x)[0·75 AgI: 0·25 AgCl]:xSnO2
- 20 Downloads
A new Ag+ ion conducting composite electrolyte system (1−x)[0·75 AgI: 0·25 AgCl]:xSnO2 using a quenched/annealed [0·75 AgI: 0·25 AgCl] as host compound in place of conventional host AgI, has been investigated. The effects of various preparation methods and soaking time are reported. The composition 0·8[0·75 Agl: 0·25 AgCl]:0·2SnO2 exhibited optimum conductivity (σ = 8·4 × 10−4S/cm) with conductivity enhancement of ∼ 101 from the annealed host at room temperature. Transport property studies such as electrical conductivity (σ) as a function of temperature using impedance spectroscopy technique, ionic transference number (t ion) using Wagner’s d.c. polarization method and ionic mobility (μ) by transient ionic current technique were carried out on the optimum conducting composition. The mobile ion concentration (n) was calculated from ‘σ’ and ‘μ’ data.
KeywordsAg+ ion conductor composite solid electrolyte two-phase composite system ionic conductivity ionic mobility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blender R and Dieterich W 1987J. Phys. C20 6113Google Scholar
- Chandra S 1981Superionic solids—Principles and applications (Amsterdam: North Holland) p. 141Google Scholar
- Maier J 1989Superionic solids and solid electrolytes—Recent trends (eds) A L Laskar and S Chandra (New York: Academic Press) p. 137Google Scholar
- Maier J 1992Solid state ionics—Materials and applications (eds) B V R Chowdari, S Chandra, S Singh and P C Srivastava (Singapore: World Scientific) p. 111Google Scholar
- Poulsen F W 1985Transport-structure relations in fast ion and mixed conductors (eds) F W Poulsen, N H Andersen, K Clausen, S Skaarup and O T Sorensen (Denmark, Riso Nat. Lab., Roskilide) p. 67Google Scholar
- Shukla A K and Sharma V 1992Solid state ionics—Materials and applications (eds) B V R Chowdari, S Chandra, S Singh and P C Srivastava (Singapore: World Scientific) p. 91Google Scholar
- Uvarov N F, Shastry M C R and Rao K J 1990Rev. Solid State Sci. 4 61Google Scholar
- Wagner J B Jr 1989High conductivity solid ionic conductors—Recent trends and applications (ed.) T Takahashi (Singapore: World Scientific) p. 146Google Scholar