Structural studies on Fe-substituted Y-Ba-Cu-O superconductors by Mössbauer spectroscopy
- 21 Downloads
In this paper we report preparation and structural aspects of YBa2Cu2·97Fe0·03O7−x with different oxygen stoichiometry. The samples were prepared by standard solid-state reaction. The samples were characterized by X-ray powder diffraction and oxygen contents were estimated from iodometric titration method. The superconducting transition temperatureT c is measured using the standard four-probe technique. Mössbauer studies of YBa2Cu2·97Fe0·03O7−x with different oxygen stoichiometry were carried out and the results show that Fe substitutes both Cu(2) and Cu(1) sites and clear asymmetry in the doublets except for the tetragonal case. Also our results show the progressive oxygenation inb-axis as oxygen stoichiometry is increased.
KeywordsOxygen stoichiometry structural studies Fe-substituted Y-Ba-Cu-O Mössbauer spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bednorz J G and Müller K A 1986Z. Phys. B64 187Google Scholar
- Bianconi Aet al 1989 inHigh T c superconductors: Electronic structure (eds) A Bianconi and A Marcelli (New York: Pergamon Press) p 281Google Scholar
- Blue C, Elgaid K, Zitkovsky I, Boolchand P, McDaniel D, Joiner W C H, Ostens J and Warren H 1988Phys. Rev. B37 5905Google Scholar
- Eibschutz M, Lines M E, Tarascon J M and Barboux P 1988Phys. Rev. B38 2896Google Scholar
- Jayaram B, Agarwal S K, Narasimha Rao C V and Narlikar A V 1988Phys. Rev. B38 2903Google Scholar
- Maeno Y and Fujita T 1988Physica C153–155 1105Google Scholar
- Xiao G, Streitz F H, Gavrin A, Du Y W and Chien C L 1987Phys. Rev. B35 8782Google Scholar