X-ray line profile analysis of silver base Ag-Cd-In alloys
- 39 Downloads
X-ray diffraction line profiles of five silver base ternary alloys in α-phase with varying atomic percentages of cadmium and indium were recorded in both cold-worked and annealed states of the samples. Detailed studies on the profiles involving peak shift, peak asymmetry and Fourier analysis of line shapes have been carried out to evaluate microstructural parameters such as deformation fault probabilities,rms strains and dislocation densities. It was found that the addition of indium has a marked effect in producing deformation fault probabilities in comparison to that of adding cadmium in ternary silver base alloys. Compound fault probability was found to be maximum for the alloy Ag-10Cd-15In.
KeywordsMicrostructure line profile analysis cold-worked state silver base ternary alloys stacking fault probabilities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anantharaman T R, Rama Rao P and Lele S 1972 Recent developments in metallurgical Science and Technology, Silver Jubilee Symposium, Indian Institute of Metals, New DelhiGoogle Scholar
- Krishnan R G, Gupta R K and Rama Rao P 1971Metall. Trans. 2 3373Google Scholar
- Reddy S V and Suryanarayana S V 1984Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 22 161Google Scholar
- Snyder H J 1966 Ph.D. Thesis, University of Pittsburgh, USAGoogle Scholar
- Wagner C N J 1966 Local atomic arrangements studied by x-ray diffraction (New York: Gordon and Breach)Google Scholar
- Warren B E 1969 X-ray diffraction (New York: Addison-Wesley)Google Scholar