Conductivity pre-exponential factors for some new superionic conductors
- 101 Downloads
The pre-exponential factors obtained from the ionic conductivity studies on Na2(La, Al)ZrP3O12, Na2(La, Al)TiP3O12, NH4Zr2V3O12 and AlPO4:Li+ have been analysed. The compensation law has been found to be valid for these materials indicating that the entropy is directly related to the activation energy. The 1/α vsβ plots show straight lines for most of the superionic materials except for a few and this variation has been discussed.
KeywordsNasicon analogues superionic conductors pre-exponential factor Meyer-Neldel rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Byrappa K, Kulkarni A B, Desai N B and Srikantaswamy S 1987a in:Current trends in the physics of materials (ed.) M Youssuf (Singapore: World Scientific Publishers)Google Scholar
- Hagenmuller P and Van Gool W 1978Solid electrolytes (New York: Academic Press)Google Scholar
- Prakash G and Gopalan S 1985Development and characterization of Na 2SO4 based fast ion conductors, M.Tech Thesis, IIT Kanpur, India Google Scholar
- Roberts C G and Thomas D G 1974J. Phys. C7 2312Google Scholar
- Shahi K, Weppner W and Rabenau A 1986Phys. Status Solidi A93 171Google Scholar
- Takahashi T and Kozawa A 1980Application of solid electrolytes (Cleveland: JEC press)Google Scholar
- Vashishta P, Mundy J N and Shenoy G K 1979Fast ion transport in solids (Amsterdam: North Holland)Google Scholar
- Weichman F L and Kuzel R 1970Can. J. Phys. 48 63Google Scholar
- Whittingham M S and Huggins R A 1972Solid State Chem. NBS Spl. Pub. 364 139Google Scholar