Electrical properties of CdS x Se1−x single crystals
- 28 Downloads
Electrical conductivity and Hall effect were studied on vapour phase grown CdS x Se1−x single crystals in the entire range of composition in the temperature range 90–300 K. The conductivities of the as-grown crystals varied significantly. High conducting samples were obtained by annealing either in vacuum or in cadmium vapour. Hall mobilities, carrier concentration and donor activation energies were calculated. No definite variation in mobility with composition was observed. Donor activation energy showed an increasing trend with increase of CdS content.
KeywordsElectrical properties CdSxSe1−x single crystals Hall effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Devlin S S and Shiozawa L R 1960Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 5 151Google Scholar
- Devlin S S 1967Physics and chemistry of II–VI compound (ed) M Aven and J S Prener, (Amsterdam: North Holland)Google Scholar
- Piper W W and Halsted R E 1960Proc. Int. Conf. on semiconductor physics. Prague (Czeckoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague)Google Scholar
- Reddy D R 1981Growth and characterisation of CdS xSe1 − x single crystals, Ph.D. Thesis, S V UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Sakalas A 1975Phys. Status Solidi A27 175Google Scholar
- Woodbury H H and Aven M 1974Phys. Rev B9 195Google Scholar