Preparation of conjugated antigens based on zearalenone carboxymethyloxime and their use in enzyme immunoassay
Zearalenone-6′-carboxymethyloxime was synthesized, and its conjugates to albumins and gelatin were prepared. Polyclonal rabbit antibodies against the conjugate with bovine serum albumin were shown to be highly specific to zearalenone and to have a lower cross-reactivity toward its structural analogues (a-zearalenol, 28%; ß-zearalenol, 6%; zearalanone, 12%; and α-zearalanol, 5%). The sensitivity of enzyme immunoassay with immobilized gelatin-based conjugates for determination of zearalenone in solution was 1 ng/ml, and this allowed us to determine this substance in feed at a threshold concentration of 200 μg/kg.
KeywordsApply Biochemistry Zearalenone Bovine Serum Albu Rabbit Serum Albumin Epitope Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mirocha, C.J., Christensen, CM., and Nelson, G.H.,Microbial. Toxins, 1971, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 107–138.Google Scholar
- 4.Pestka, J.J., Liu, M.-T., Knudson, B.K., and Hogberg, M.G.,J. Food Prot., 1985, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 953–957.Google Scholar
- 7.Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, Cunniff, P.A., Ed., Arlington: AOAC Int., 1995, vol. 2, pp. 1–49.Google Scholar
- 11.Cole, R.J. and Cox, R.H.,Handbook of Toxic Fungal Metabolites, New York: Academic, 1981.Google Scholar
- 13.Kononenko, G.P., Burkin, A.A., Soboleva, N.A., and Zotova, E.V.,Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol, 1999, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 500–506.Google Scholar
- 14.Chu, ES., Hsia, M.T.S., and Sun, P.S.,J. Assoc. Anal Chem., 1977, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 791–794.Google Scholar
- 17.L’vova, L.S., Omel’chenko, M.D., Orlova, N.Yu., Pimenova, V.V., and Eller, K.I.,Prikl Biokhim. Mikrobiol, 1992, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 261–267.Google Scholar