Optimization using spreadsheets on a microcomputer
- 39 Downloads
This paper discusses the advantages of using spreadsheets for problem specification and report generation in optimization projects. It summarizes some of the mathematical programming software which is compatible with popular spreadsheets. A small production planning problem is used to illustrate the steps in input and processing of the results. Two programs are compared in detail.
Keywords and phrasesMicrocomputers spreadsheets linear programming optimization software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B.W. Arden,What Can Be Automated?The Computer Science and Engineering Research Study (MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1980).Google Scholar
- E. Li and D.E. Ray, Using electronic spreadsheets for designing LP tableaus and for transmission to LP programs, Working Paper No. A.E. 8591, Department of Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078 (1985).Google Scholar
- N.P. Loomba and A.O. Holsinger,Study Guide and Case Studies to Accompany Management -A Quantitative Perspective (Macmillan, New York, 1978).Google Scholar
- M.S. Scott Morton, Management decision systems, Division of Research, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University (1971).Google Scholar
- R. Sharda and C. Somarajan, Comparative performance of some advanced microcomputer LP systems, Computers and Operations Research (1986) forthcoming.Google Scholar