Comparative immunochemical characterization of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies to aflatoxin B1
- 44 Downloads
Four hybrid clones (MM-(AB1)-1, MM-(AB1)-2, MM-(AB1)-3, and MM-(AB1)-4) were obtained by hybridoma technology involving the immunization of BALB/c mice with a BSA conjugate of aflatoxin B1 carboxymethyloxime derivative. Antibodies produced by these clones varied in their ability to recognize the aflatoxin B1 analogues. The sensitivity of enzyme immunoassay based on all monoclonal antibodies was higher compared to analysis based on polyclonal rabbit antibodies (0.1 and 0.4 ng/ml, respectively).
KeywordsApply Biochemistry Aflatoxin Mold Fungus ELISA Condition Immune Reagent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cole, R.J. and Cox, R.H.,Handbook of Toxic Fungal Metabolites, New York: Academic, 1981.Google Scholar
- 2.Mycotoxic Fungi and Chemistry of Mycotoxins: Myc-otoxic Fungi, Mycotoxins, Mycotoxicoses, Wyllie, T.D., and Morehouse, L.G., Eds., New York: Marcel Dekker, 1977, vol. l,p. 538.Google Scholar
- 3.Worldwide Regulations for Mycotoxins: A Compendium, Rome, 1997, pp. 1–43.Google Scholar
- 4.Burkin, A.A., Kononenko, G.P., Soboleva, N.A., and Zotova, E.V.,Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., 2000, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 421–425.Google Scholar
- 6.Sviridov, V.V., Volgareva, G.M., Zaitsev, E.M., Titova, N.G., Kozhevnikova, E.V., Del'vig, A.A., and Yankina, N.F.,Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po polu-cheniyu gibridov-produtsentov monoklonal'nykh antitel k bakterial'nym antigenam, (Recommendations on Preparation of Hybridoma Producing Monoclonal Antibodies against Bacterial Antigens), Moscow: Meditsina, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Ouchterlony, O.,Immunological Methods, Oxford: Blackwell, 1962, p. 52.Google Scholar
- 10.Ward, CM., Wilkinson, A.P., Bramham, S., Lee, H.A., Chan, H.W.S., Butcher, G.W., Hutchings, A., and Morgan, M.R.A.,Mycotoxin Res., 1990, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 73–83.Google Scholar
- 11.Hammock, B.D. and Mumma, R.O.,Pesticide Analytical Methodology, Harvey, J., Jr., and Zweig, G., Eds., Washington: American Chemical Society, 1980, ser. 136, pp. 321–352.Google Scholar