Quantum statistics and Altarelli-Parisi evolution equations
- 19 Downloads
The phenomenological evidence of quantum statistical effects in parton physics is here briefly summarized, and the recent good results obtained by parameterizing the parton distributions in terms of Fermi-Dirac and Bose-Einstein statistical functions are discussed. In this framework we study the modification of the scaling behaviour of parton distributions due to quantum statistical effects. In particular, by following a well-known formal analogy which holds between the Altarelli-Parisi evolution equations, at leading-log approximation, and a set of Boltzmann equations, we suggest a generalization of evolution equations to take into account Pauli exclusion principle and gluon-induced emission.
PACS13.60 - Photon and charged-lepton interactions with hadrons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wolf G., Preprint DESY 94-022 (February 1994).Google Scholar
- New Muon Collaboration (M. Arneodo et al.),Phys. Rev. D,50 (1994) R1.Google Scholar
- Mangano G., Miele G. andMigliore G., preprint FERMILAB-Pub-93/380-A (December 1993).Google Scholar
- UA6Collaboration G. Balocchi et al.), preprint CERN-PPE/93-129, to appear inPhys. Lett. B.;Oberson P. et al., talk at theXXVIII Recontres de Moriond, Les Arcs, March 1993;Werlen M. et al., talk at theInternational Europhysics Conference on HEP, Marseille, July 1993.Google Scholar
- CCFRCollaboration (M. Shaevitz et al.), talk at theRecontres de Physique de la Valle d’Aoste, La Thuile, March 1993, preprint NEVIS R-1491.Google Scholar
- See, for example:Tolman R. C.,The Principles of Statistical Mechanics (Oxford University Press) 1938.Google Scholar
- Ynduráin F. J.,The Theory of Quark and Gluon Interactions (Springer-Verlag) 1993.Google Scholar
- Efremov A. V. andTeryaev O. V., Preprint JINR-EL-88-287;Altarelli G. andRoss G. G.,Phys. Lett. B,212 (1988) 391;Carlitz R., Collins J. C. andMueller A. H.,Phys. Lett.,214 (1988) 229.Google Scholar