Multichannel approach to studying scalar resonances
- 41 Downloads
TheN-channel formalism (in more detail, 2- and 3-channel) is presented which is based on such general principles, as analyticity and unitarity, and realizes an idea of the consistent account of the nearest (to the considered physical region) singularities on all sheets of the Riemann surface of theS-matrix, thus giving a chance to obtain model-independent information on multichannel resonances from the analysis of data on the coupled processes. The resonance representations by pairs of complex-conjugate clusters of poles and zeros on the Riemann surface and the conception of standard clusters as a model-independent test of the resonance presence are discussed. The role of closed channels in forming resonances and fictitious states is investigated. The method is exemplified with the isoscalars-wave channel of coupled processes ππ→ππ, K\(\overline K \), ππ and with analysing ππ scattering up to 1.9 GeV and scalar resonances.
PACS21.10 - General and average properties of nuclei properties of nuclear energy levels
PACS14.40 - Mesons and meson resonances
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Krupa D., Meshcheryakov V. A. andSurovtsev Yu. S.,Yad. Fiz.,43(1986) 231.Google Scholar
- Krupa D., Meshcheryakov V. A. andSurovtsev Yu. S.,Problems on High Energy Physics and Field Theory, Proceedings of the IX Workshop, Protvino, 1986 (Nauka, Moscow) 1987, p. 335.Google Scholar
- Krupa D., Meshcheryakov V. A. andSurovtsev Yu. S.,Yad. Fiz.,54 (1991) 1412.Google Scholar
- Krupa D., Meshcheryakov V. A. andSurovtsev Yu. S.,Yad. Fiz.,58 (1995) 1672.Google Scholar
- Dorokhov A. E., Zubov Yu. A. andKochelev N. I.,Yad. Fiz.,50 (1989) 1717; JINR Commun. E2-89-867, Dubna (1989).Google Scholar
- Jaffe R. L.,Phys. Lett.,41 (1975) 271;Robson D.,Nucl. Phys. B,130 (1977) 328.Google Scholar
- Zylbersztejn A. et al., Phys. Lett. B,38 (1972) 457;Sonderegger P. andBonamy P.,Proceedings of the V International Conference on Elementary Particles, Lund, 1969, paper 372;Bensinger J. R. et al., Phys. Lett. B,36 (1971) 134;Baton J. P. et al., Phys. Lett. B,33 (1970) 525, 528;Baillon P. et al.,Phys. Lett. B,38 (1972) 555;Rosselet L. et al., Phys. Rev. D,15 (1977) 574;Kartamyshev A. A. et al.,Pis’ma Ž. Ėksp. Teor. Fiz.,25 (1977) 68;Bel’kov A. A. et al., Pis’ma Ž. Ėksp. Teor. Fiz.,29 (1979) 652.CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar