About the boundary conditions for the three-body scattering problem in the adiabatic representation
- 20 Downloads
We investigate the asymptotic behaviour of the wave function of a three-particle Coulomb system (a, b, c; Ma≥Mb>mc) in the adiabatic representation. We evaluate the effect of the basis truncation on its asymptotic dependence on the slow variableR (the coordinate of relative motion of nucleia andb) in the region of break-up of the three-body system into subsystems (ac)1s+b anda+(bc)1s. A procedure for taking into account the truncation of the basis is presented, which is shown to converge in the case of the scattering problem.
KeywordsPACS 03.80 General theory of scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. F. Mott andS. N. Massey:Theory of Atomic Collisions, 3rd edition (Oxford University Press, London and New York, N.Y., 1965).Google Scholar
- L. I. Ponomarev:Atomic Physics, Vol.10, edited byH. Narumi andI. Shimamura (Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., Amsterdam, 1987).Google Scholar
- V. S. Melezhik:Muon Catal. Fusion,2, 117 (1988).Google Scholar
- S. I. Vinitsky, V. S. Melezhik andL. I. Ponomarev:Sov. J. Nucl. Phys.,36, 272 (1982);Ž. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,55, 400 (1982).Google Scholar
- V. S. Melezhik, L. I. Ponomarev andM. P. Faifman:Ž. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,58, 254 (1983).Google Scholar