Role of imaging in pediatric respiratory diseases
- 34 Downloads
Both medical and surgical diseases commonly affect the pediatric respiratory system. Imaging has a crucial role to play in their management. Plain chest radiograph is still the single most important investigation. However, at times further workup is essential and then CT, MR imaging and other modalities provide detailed findings. Pediatric radiologist should be aware of the advantages and the limitations of each imaging technique so as to be able to use these judiciously, without duplicating information and at the minimum cost and radiation to the patient.
Key wordsPediatric chest Respiratory diseases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuhn JP. The Thorax. In : Silverman FN (ed).Caffey’s pediatric X-Ray Diagnosis. 8th edn. Vol II. Year Book Medical Publishers 1985; 1083–1343.Google Scholar
- 2.Sawhney S, Jain -R. pediatric chest-medical conditions. In : Berry M, Suri S, Chowdhury V, Gupta AK, Katariya S (eds).pediatric Radiology. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 1997; 136–148.Google Scholar
- 3.Berry M. Paediatric chest : Surgical conditions. In : Berry M, Suri S, Chowdhury V, Gupta AK, Katariya S (eds).pediatric Radiology. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, 1997; 149–166.Google Scholar
- 4.Gupta AK. pediatric Radiology. In : Parthasarathy A, Menon PSN, Nair MKC. (eds).LAP Textbook of Pediatrics. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. : pp 780–793.Google Scholar
- 5.Katariya S. Pulmonary and airway abnormalities of development origin. In : Berry M, Mukhopadhyay S, Suri S (eds).Emergency and Chest Radiology. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 1996; 129–135.Google Scholar
- 6.Jetley NK, Bhatnagar V, Krishna A, Gupta AKet al. Pulmonary blastoma in a neonate.JPS 1988; 23:1009–1010.Google Scholar
- 12.Gupta S, Bajpai M, Gupta AK, Mitra DK. Posterior mediastinal teratoma.Pediatr Surgical International 1995; 10:188–189.Google Scholar
- 13.Gupta AK, Bajpai M, Berry M. Coexistence of mediastinal bronchogenic cyst and congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation with spontaneous communication of the bronchogenic cyst with the bronchus.AJR 1998; 171 (e6).Google Scholar
- 14.Mukhopadhyay S, Gupta AK. Imaging in childhood tuberculosis. In : Seth V (ed).Essentials of Tuberculosis in Children, 1st edn. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 1997; 240–263.Google Scholar