The integration of a logistical decision-making framework into nonprofit marketing
Marketing practitioners in for-profit-making settings are typically well acquainted with what logistical decisions can do for a marketing program and what marketing constraints can do to a logistics system. For the most part, however, the conceptual tansfer from a product-oriented firm to a service-producing organization has been lacking and obviously not made in non-profit marketing situations. This paper examines these areas and presents a creative expansion of the logistics decision-making area into nonprofit marketing. Hopefully, this setting will encourage others to investigate non-profit areas and, in particular, the interrelationships involved in the logistics area.
KeywordsNonprofit Sector Logistical Decision Business Logistics American Market Association Physical Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ballou, Ronald H. “Broadening and Unifying Marketing Logistics”,The Logistics Review, 6 (Winter, 1970), pp. 5–23.Google Scholar
- Ballou, Ronald H. 1973.Business Logistics Management, Englewood Cliffs, N. J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc.Google Scholar
- Cooper, Philip,et al. 1978.Marketing and Prentice Health Care, Chicago: American Marketing Association.Google Scholar
- Daniel, Norman E. and Jones, J. Richard. 1969.Business Logistics, Boston: Allyn and Bacon, Inc.Google Scholar
- De Hayes, Daniel W., Jr. “Education for Logistics Management”,Logistics Spectrum, Spring 1970, pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- Henion, Karl E. 1976.Ecological Marketing, Columbus, Ohio: Grid, Inc.Google Scholar
- Hessler, Kenneth W. “Assignment—Design and Phase—In a New Distribution System”,Transportation and Distribution Management, (January, 1965), pp. 35–43.Google Scholar
- Laczniak, Gene R. and Murphy, Patrick E. “Marketing the Performing Arts,”Atlanta Economic Review, (November, 1977), pp. 4–9.Google Scholar
- Lovelock, Christopher. “A Market Segmentation Approach to Transit Planning, Modeling and Management”,Proceedings 16:1 (1975), 16th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum.Google Scholar
- Nilsson, Ernst. 1969. “Police Systems Analysis”, unpublished doctoral dissertation, North-western University, Chicago.Google Scholar
- Reinfeld, Patricia. “The Selling of Summer School”.College Management, (March, 1974), pp. 13–14.Google Scholar
- Rose, Warren. 1979.Logistics Management. Dubuque, Ia: W. C. Brown Co.Google Scholar