On the expansion of new theories and the withering away of old classes
Is There A New Class?
KeywordsClass Analysis Social Stratum Terra Firma Class Conflict American Political Science Association
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Readings Suggested by the Author
- Bendix, Reinhard, and Lipset, Seymour Martin. “Karl Marx’s Theory of Social Classes.” InClass, Status, and Power: Social Stratification in Comparative Perspective. 2d ed. New York: The Free Press/Macmillan Co., 1966.Google Scholar
- Bottomore, Tom.Classes in Modern Society. New York: Pantheon Books.Google Scholar
- Meisel, James A.The Myth of the Ruling Class: Gaetano Mosca and the Elite. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan Press, 1958.Google Scholar
- Nisbet, Robert A.The Sociology of Emile Durkheim. New York: Oxford University Press, 1974.Google Scholar
- Pappenheim, Fritz.The Alienation of Modern Man: An Interpretation Based on Marx and Toennies. New York: Modern Reader Paperback, 1968.Google Scholar
© Springer 1978