Photoconductivity and dielectric studies of potassium pentaborate crystal (KB5)
- 71 Downloads
Single crystal of potassium pentaborate (KB5) has been grown by solution growth technique. FTIR and laser Raman measurements are carried out to make a qualitative analysis on KB5 crystal. Dielectric behaviour of the KB5 crystal has been studied in the microwave region using K-band microwave bench equipped with the Gunn Oscillator guided with rectangular wave-guide. To confirm the suitability of this crystal as electro optic device, its dielectric behaviour with the change of frequency has also been investigated. Photoconductivity studies were also carried out on this material. It was interesting to observe that the KB5 crystal exhibited negative photoconductivity.
KeywordsPhotoconductivity dielectric constant dark current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Belt R F, Gashurov G and Liu Y S 1985Laser Focus 10 110Google Scholar
- Bube R H 1960Photoconductivity of solids (New York: Wiley)Google Scholar
- Clark R S 1988Photonics Spectra 22 135Google Scholar
- Clothup N B 1975Introduction to infrared and Raman spectroscopy (London: Academic Press) II ed.Google Scholar
- Gambino R J 1990Bull. Mater. Res. Soc. 15 20Google Scholar
- Joshi N V 1990Photoconductivity (New York: Marcel Dekker)Google Scholar
- Roberts S and Von Hipple A 1956J. Appl. Phys. 7 17Google Scholar
- Sisodia M L and Raghuvanshi G S 1990Basic microwave techniques (New Delhi: Wiley Eastern Ltd)Google Scholar
- Voitsekhovskii V N, Nikolaevu V P and Velichko I A 1982Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 27 322Google Scholar