Synthesis of SiC from rice husk in a plasma reactor
- 173 Downloads
A new route for production of SiC from rice husk is reported by employing thermal plasma technique. The formation of β-SiC is observed in a short time of 5 min. The samples are characterized by XRD and SEM.
KeywordsThermal plasma rice husk silicon carbide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cutler I B 1973 US patent 3754079Google Scholar
- Manosur N A L and Hanna S B 1979Trans. J. Br. Ceram. Soc. 78 132Google Scholar
- Padmaja G and Mukunda P G 1999J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 82 1393Google Scholar
- Panigrahi M R and Overand R P 1997 inProceedings of the third biomass conference of the american (ed.) R P Overend and E Chornet (New York: Elsevier Science, Inc.) p. 79Google Scholar
- Patel M 1991Silicon Ind. 55 30Google Scholar