Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and electronic structure of some new Cu(I) carbene complexes
- 80 Downloads
Reaction of oligomeric Cu(I) complexes [Cu(Μ-S-C(=NR)(O-Ar-CH3)]n with Lewis acids gave Cu(I) carbene complexes, which were characterized by1H and13C NMR spectroscopy. Cu(I) carbene complexes could be directly generated from RNCS, Cu(I)-OAr and Lewis acids; this method can be used to prepare Cu(I) carbene complexes with different substitutents on the carbene carbon. The complexes were unreactive towards olefins and do not undergo cyclopropanation. Electronic structure calculations (DFT) show that the charge on the carbene carbon plays an important role in controlling the reactivity of the carbene complex.
KeywordsCopper(I) carbene complex carbene complex synthesis Cu(I)-carbene electronic structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Mcclererty J A and Da Meta M M M 1973J. Chem. Soc. 2571Google Scholar
- 7.Barn E E H, Ledeith A and Whittlesfos 1960J. Am. Chem. Soc. 72 115Google Scholar
- 8.Raubenheimer H G, Stephanie C and Olivier P 1995J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans. 313Google Scholar
- 13.(a)Kaur H, Zinn F K, Stevens E D and Nolan S P 2004Organometallics 1157Google Scholar
- 14.(a)Narasimhamurthy N, Samuelson A G and Manohar M 1989J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1808Google Scholar
- 14.(c)Christina W, Samuelson A G and Nethaji M 1997Inorg. Chem. 35 811Google Scholar
- 15.Baskaran C 1997Insertion reactions of copper (I) aryloxides with heterocumulenes, PhD thesis, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- 17.Gaussian 98, Revision A. 11.3 2002 Frisch M Jet al Gaussian, Inc., Pittsburgh PAGoogle Scholar
- 20.(b)Muller E and Fricke H 1962Annalen 661 1Google Scholar