Flow characteristics of gas–liquid two phase plunging jet absorber–gas holdup and bubble penetration depth
- 176 Downloads
A gas-liquid two phase plunging jet is formed through a gas sucking type multi-jet ejector nozzle. In this study, the effects of various conditions in the multi-jet ejector nozzle, the column diameter, and the liquid jet length on penetration depth of air bubblesl B and gas holdup hG in a gas-liquid two phase plunging jet absorber were studied experimentally. Consequently, empirical equations concerningl B and hG were obtained, respectively. These equations agree with the experimental data with an accuracy of ±20% forl B and ±25% for hG.
Key wordsGas Absorption Plunging Jet Absorber Biphasic Jet Penetration Depth Gas Holdup
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ide, M. and Mada, J., “Gas Absorption into Gas Bubble Dispersion Phase Generated by Plunging Jet Containing Small Solute Bubbles,”Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu,12,224 (1986).Google Scholar
- Ide, M., Mada, J., Kawabata, S. and Shinohara H., “Gas Absorption into Liquid Jet Containing Small Solute Bubbles,”ibid,2, 439 (1976).Google Scholar
- Nishikawa, M., Yonezawa, Y, Kayama, T., Koyama K. and Nagata, S., “Studies on Gas Hold-up in Gas-Liquid Spouted Vessel,” 7.Chem. Eng. Japan,9, 214 (1976).Google Scholar
- Ohkawa, A., Kusabiraki, D. and Sakai, N., “Effect of Nozzle Length on Gas Entrainment Characteristics of Vertical Liquid Jet,”ibid,,20,295 (1987).Google Scholar
- Ohkawa, A., Shiokawa, Y, Sakai, N. and Endoh, K., “How Characteristics of Downflow Bubble Column with Gas Entrainment by a Liquid Jet,”ibid,18,172 (1985).Google Scholar
- Van de Sade, E. and Smith, J. M., “Mass Transfer from Plunging Water Jets,”Chem. Eng. J.,10, 225 (1975).Google Scholar
- Weisweiler, W. and Rosch, S., “Interfacial Area and Bubble-Size Distribution in Jet Reactors,”Ger. Chem. Eng.,1, 212 (1978).Google Scholar