Ion transport in Au+ doped/undoped KDP crystals with KI/NaI as additives
- 54 Downloads
Undoped KDP and KDP crystals containing KI/NaI with/without gold doping were grown by slow evaporation technique. All the grown crystals were γ-irradiated using60Co source. Electrical conductivity measurements were carried out on all these crystals perpendicular to the unique direction before and after y-irradiation. The present results show that the conductivity of KDP crystals increases with the addition of KI/NaI and with gold doping as well as upon rise in temperature. Computed values of activation energies from the conductivity measurements are given. For all the grown crystals, dielectric constant is measured as a function of frequency.
KeywordsImpurity added KDP crystals slow evaporation gold doping dielectric constant electrical conductivity activation energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Albin Sancta J, Gnana Sutha A, Freeda T H, Mahadevan C and Balasingh C 2001Indian J. Phys. A75 245Google Scholar
- George A W 1989Nucl. Instrum. Meth. Phys. Res. B39 708Google Scholar
- Harris L B and Vella G J 1966J. Appl. Chem. 17 151Google Scholar
- Jain S C and Dahake S L1964Indian J. Pure and Appl. Phys. 2 71Google Scholar
- Ramasubramanian P S and Mahadevan C 1991Indian J. Pure & Appl. Phys. 29 285Google Scholar
- Shanmugham M, Gnanam F D and Ramasamy P 1982Indian J. Pure & Appl. Phys. 20 579Google Scholar
- Shanmugham M, Gnanam F D and Ramasamy P 1985Indian J. Pure & Appl. Phys. 23 82Google Scholar
- Udupa K S, Mohan Rao P, Sriramana Aithal, Bhat A P and Avasthi D K 1997Bull. Mater. Sci. 20 1069Google Scholar
- West J 1930Z. Krist. (Germany) 74 306Google Scholar