Sensitivity behavior analysis in distributed parameter estimation
- 25 Downloads
This paper is concerned with sensitivity analysis for the distributed parameter estimation problem arising in the modeling process for fluid flow in underground porous media. An efficient algorithm was constructed using variational calculus techniques for the evaluation of sensitivity gradient curves which describe variations of system outputs resulting from variations of a spatially-varying parameter in nonlinear partial differential equations. For a test problem of estimating transmissivity of a one-dimensional ideal gas reservoir, sensitivity behavior was analyzed under various reservoir conditions, and the results were applied to devising a parameter discretization scheme which will yield improved parameter estimates.
KeywordsObservation Well Production Well Nonlinear Partial Differential Equation Uniform Mesh Pressure Output
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chavent, C., Dupuy, M. and Lemmonier, P.:Soc. Pet. Eng. J.,15, 74 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Lions, J. L.: Proc. IFP Working Conference, Rome (1976), A. Ruberti, ed., “Lecture Notes in Control and Information Science”, Vol. 1, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 11 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Dogru, A. H. and Scinfeld. J. H.:Soc. Pet. Eng. J.,21, 551 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.Peaceman, D. W.: “Fundamentals of Numerical Reservoir Simulation”, Elsevier (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.Chung, C. B.: Ph. D. Dissertation, The University of Michigan, U.S.A. (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.Chung, C. B. and Kravaris, C:SPE Reservoir Eng., submitted (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.de Boor, C: “A Practical Guide to Splines”, Springer-Verlag (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.Daniel, J.W.: “The Approximate Minimization of Functionals”, Prentice Hall (1971).Google Scholar