An automatic synthesis system for start-up operating procedures of boiler plants
- 92 Downloads
As boiler plants which supply steam and heat into chemical plants become larger in scale and more complicated, accidents caused by the wrong understanding and erroneous operations are increasing. In this paper, we present a computer-aided system that should prevent such mistakes and synthesize operating procedures for start-up of steam boiler plants: 1) This system generates a goal tree by generalizing and classifying the operational situations hierarchically, and uses the relationship between an operation and a function to search for primitive operations in the lowest level of the goal tree. 2) It simulates changes in operational situations caused by the action of primitive operations with heuristic knowledge of transition relationships between operational situations. 3) It determines the priority of low-level operational situations and primitive operations by referring to the database on hazardous situations and properties. We have applied the developed system to a large-scale boiler plant to demonstrate its effectiveness.
Key wordsOperating Procedure Synthesis Boiler Plant Start-up Goal Tree Heuristic Knowledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hou, B. K., Hwang, K. S., Choi, S. H., Shin, D. and Yoon, E. S.,Operating Procedure Synthesis for Shutdown of Boiler Plants, Submitted to 4th IFAC Workshop on On-Line Fault Detection and Supervision in the Chemical Process Industries (CHEMFAS-4), Jejudo (Chejudo) Island, Korea, June (2001).Google Scholar
- Hwang, K. S., Tomita, S. and O’shima, E., “Development of a Computer-Based System for Synthesizing the Operating Procedure of a Chemical Plant. Organization of Knowledge for Plant Operation,”International Chem. Engng.,31(1), 134 (1991).Google Scholar
- O’shima, E., “Safety Supervision of Valve Operations,”J. of Chem. Eng. of Japan,11(5), 390 (1978).Google Scholar
- Soutter, J. K.,An Integrated Architecture for Operating Procedure Synthesis, Ph. D. Dissertation, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK (1997).Google Scholar
- Verwijs, J. W., van den Berg, H. and Westerterp, K. W., “Startup Strategy Design and Safeguarding of Industrial Adiabatic Tubular Reactor Systems,”AIChEJ.,2, 503 (1996).Google Scholar