Radiation dosimetry by potassium feldspar
- 45 Downloads
The thermoluminescence (TL) properties of raw and annealed feldspar have been studied for their use in gamma dosimetry. The raw gamma exposed feldspar shows glow peaks at 120°C and 319°C. Gamma dose beyond 500 cGy can be measured without any significant fading even after 40 days of termination of exposure. The annealed feldspar shows a glow peak at 120°C after gamma exposure. This peak can be used to measure gamma doses beyond 25 cGy when the TL is measured after 24 h from termination of exposure.
KeywordsPotassium feldspar thermoluminescence fading glow curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ichikawa Y and Tanida M 1969Bull. Inst. Chem. Res. Kyoto Univ. 47 23Google Scholar
- Mejdahl V 1968Thermoluminescence in shore sand. Ch. II of thermoluminescence of geological materials. Proceeding of NATO advanced research institute on applications of TL in geological problems (Academic Press) p. 453Google Scholar
- Mejdahl V 1985Nucl. Tracks 10 133Google Scholar
- Vaijapurkar S G, Raman R and Bhatnagar P K 1993 To study the thermoluminescence (TL) properties of sand and its use as a personal/accident dosimeter. Technical Report No. DLJ/TC/ IL/93/9. (DLJ: Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur)Google Scholar
- Wintle A G 1974Factors determining the thermoluminescence of chronologically significant materials, D Phil. Thesis, University of Oxford, Oxford, UKGoogle Scholar