Electron dichroism effects in the relativistic (e, 2e) process for K-shell ionization of atoms
In this communication we present theoretical demonstration of electron dichroism in the relativistic (e, 2e) process for K-shell ionization of atoms in non-coplanar asymmetric geometry. The theoretical formalism has been developed in plane wave Born approximation and in this approximation the triple differential cross-section (TDCS) has been expressed as a product of kinematical factors and atomic structure functions. The longitudinal spin asymmetry in the relativistic (e, 2e) process on K-shell of atoms has been shown to depend on the interference between the transition charge and component of the transition current in the direction perpendicular to the scattering plane. Further, the longitudinal spin asymmetry has been shown to depend on incident electron energy, atomic number of the target, azimuthal angle of the ejected electron and scattered electron angle.
KeywordsDichroism chiral effect longitudinal spin asymmetry relativistic (e, 2e) process
PACS Nos34.80.Dp 34.80.Nz
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J Viefhaus, L Avaldi, G Snell, M Wiedenhöft, R Hentges, A R⪦el, F Schäfers, D Menke, U Heinzmann, A Engelns, J Berakdar, H Klar and U Becker,Coincidence studies of electron and photon impact ionisation (Plenum Press, New York, 1997) p. 145Google Scholar
- K Blum and D Thompson,Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 38, 40 (1997)Google Scholar
- K K Sud,Current developments in atomic, molecular and chemical physics with applications (Kluwer/Plenum Publishers, London, UK, 2002) pp. 185–190Google Scholar
- T W Donnelly, inPerspective of nuclear physics at intermediate energies edited by S Beffi, C Ciofi degli Aiti and M M Giannini (World Scientific, Singapore, 1984) p. 244Google Scholar
- A S Bhullar and K K Sud,Indian J. Phys. 73B (2), 299 (1999)Google Scholar
- L U Ancarani, S Keller, H Ast, C T Whelan, H R J Walters and R M Dreizler, inCoincidence studies of electron and photon impact ionization edited by C T Whelan and H R J Walters, (Plenum, New York, 1997) p. 209Google Scholar