Investigation of properties of rare earth complexes with dibromo-p-methyl-methylsulfonazo by spectral correction technique
- 24 Downloads
The reactions were sensitive between seven rare earth (RE) metals Nd(III), La(III), Ce(III), Pr(III), Sm(III), Eu(III) and Gd(III) and dibromo-p-methylmethylsulfonazo (DBMMSA) in acidic solution. The spectral correction method has been applied in the determination of properties of RE complexes instead of ordinary spectrophotometry. Composition ratios, real molar absorptivities (ε) and stepwise stability constants (K) of each of the RE complexes were determined easily because the method eliminated the absorption influence of excess of ligand on complex. Results showed that the cumulativeK values of the complexes were between 3.91 × 1014 and 2.34 × 1028 and the real (not apparent) absorptivity between 8.85 × 104 and 2.12 × 105 l mol-1cm-1 at 640 nm.
KeywordsSpectral correction technique rare earth dibromo-p-methyl-methylsulfonazo (DBMMSA)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pan J M and Xu Z J 1996Huaxue Shiji. 18 65Google Scholar
- 2.Pan J M, Liu R and Xu Z J 1997Fenxi Kexue Xuebao 13 142Google Scholar
- 3.Gao H W 1995Spectrochim. Acta A51 1379Google Scholar
- 4.Gao H W and Zhang P F 1998Zav. Lab. 65 4Google Scholar
- 6.Gao H W 1999Asian J. Chem. 11 319Google Scholar
- 7.Tikhonov V N 1975Zh. Anal. Khim. 30 1501Google Scholar
- 9.Laearev A I 1975Zavod. Lab. 41 534Google Scholar
- 13.Gao H W 1999J. Anal. Chem. 54 941Google Scholar
- 14.Wei J S 1985Fenxi Huaxue 13 762Google Scholar