Mixed ligand complex formation of FeIII with boric acid and typical N-donor multidentate ligands
- 51 Downloads
Equilibrium study of the mixed ligand complex formation of FeIII with boric acid in the absence and in the presence of 2,2′-bipyridine, 1,10-phenanthroline, diethylenetriamine and triethylenetetramine (L) in different molar ratios provides evidence of formation of Fe(OH)2+, Fe(OH) 2 + , Fe(L)3+, Fe(H2BO4),Fe(OH)(H2BO4), Fe(OH)2(H2BO4)2-, Fe(L)(H2BO4) and Fe2(L)2(BO4)+ complexes. Fe(L) 2 3+ , Fe(L)2(H2BO4) and Fe2(L)4(BO4)+ complexes are also indicated with 2,2′-bipyridine and 1,10-phenanthroline. Complex formation equilibria and stability constants of the complexes at 25 ± 0.l°C in aqueous solution at a fixed ionic strength,I = 0.1 mol dm-3 (NaNO3) have been determined by potentiometric method.
KeywordsMixed ligand-FeIII-borate complexes complex equilibria N-donor multidentate ligands
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mukherjee G N and Das A 2001J. Indian Chem. Soc. 78 78Google Scholar
- 3. (a)Mukherjee G N and Das A 2000J. Indian Chem. Soc. 77 62.Google Scholar
- 3. (b)Mukherjee G N and Das A 2002J. Indian Chem. Soc. 79 45Google Scholar
- 4. (a)
- 4. (b)
- 4. (c)
- 5.Kolthoff I M, Sandell E B, Meehan E J and Brukenstein S 1967Quantitative chemical analysis (London: Macmillan) ch. 41Google Scholar
- 8.Harned H S and Owen B B 1958Physical chemistry of electrolytic solutions (New York: Reinhold)Google Scholar
- 10.Cotton F A and Wilkinson G 1988Advanced inorganic chemistry 5th edn (New York: Wiley Interscience)Google Scholar