Kinetic characterization of rat liver nuclear lysozyme
- 23 Downloads
The kinetic properties of rat liver nuclear lysozyme, earlier purified to homogeneity in our laboratory, have been studied. The enzyme was found to be maximally active in the pH range 4.2 to 5.4 in 0.02 M buffer. Its Km was found to be 333 mg/litre. It was heat sensitive even in the acidic pH range. The enzyme exhibited tissue specific differences when compared with the rat kidney nuclear lysozyme.
KeywordsNuclear lysozyme characterization tissue specific differences pH optimum Km value
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Haward, J. B., and Glazer, A. N. (1969).J. Biol. Chem.,244, 1399.Google Scholar
- Imoto, T., Johnson, L. N., North, A. C. T., Philips, D. C, and Rupley, J. A. (1972)The Enzymes ed. P. D. Boyer,7, 665.Google Scholar
- Raghunathan, R. and Gurnani, S. (1975).Indian J. Biochem., Biophys. 12, 13.Google Scholar
- Sankaran, K. and Gurnani, S. (1972).Indian J. Biochem., Biophys.,9, 162.Google Scholar
- Sidhan, V., and Gurnani, S. (1978)Indian J. Biochem., Biophys.,15, 273.Google Scholar
- Sidhan, V., and Gurnani, S. (1981)Agri. Biol. Chem.,45, 1817.Google Scholar