Effects of rotation on the colours and line indices of stars 5. The ZRMS and the ZRZAMS
- 16 Downloads
The observeduvby and Hα indices of member stars of the Hyades and Praesepe clusters have been analysed in detail for rotation effects. The Alpha Persei, Pleiades and the Centaurus subgroup of the Scorpio—Centaurus association have been reanalysed using the observed indices instead of the extinction-corrected indices used earlier. The observed rotation effects from the analysis of these cluster data are found to be in excellent agreement with the theoretical predictions of Collins & Sonneborn (1977). We have also analysed the α,c and (u − b) values of the member stars of NGC 1976, 2264, 2287, 2422, 4755,1C 2391, IC 2602 and IC 4665 for rotation effects. The results are found to be consistent with the theoretical predictions.
The observed slopes of the rotation effects were used to determine the zero rotation main sequence values of the intermediate band photometric indices for selected clusters. We also corrected the observed indices for each star in each cluster using the theoretical predictions of Collins and Sonneborn and derived the ZRMS values for each cluster. The agreement between the two determinations is found to be good. The various ZRMS curves were utilised to derive the ZRZAMS values. A preliminary calibration of the absolute visual magnitudes as a function of α valid for ZRZAMS has also been derived. The ZRMS values of the intermediate band photometric indices for different clusters and the ZRZAMS values are listed as a function of α.
Key wordsstars, rotation stars, colours star clusters, individual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abt, H. A. 1970, inIAU Coll. 4: Steller Rotation, Ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 193.Google Scholar
- Collins, G. W. II. 1970, inIAU Coli. 4: Stellar Rotation, Ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 85.Google Scholar
- Huang, S. S., Starve, O. 1960, Stellar Atmosphere, Ed. J. L. Greenstein, Univ. Chicago Press, p. 321.Google Scholar
- Kraft, R. P. 1969,Struve Memo. Vol., p. 385.Google Scholar
- Plavec, M. 1970, inIAU Coll. 4: Stellar Rotation, Ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 133.Google Scholar
- Roxburgh, I. W. 1970, inIAU Coll. 4: Stellar Rotation, Ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 318.Google Scholar
- Slettebak, A. 1970, inIAU Coll. 4: Stellar Rotation, Ed. A. Slettebak, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 3.Google Scholar
- Strömgren, B. 1967,Magnetic and Related Stars, Ed. R. C. Cameron, Mono Book Corporation, Baltimore, p. 461.Google Scholar
- Uesugi, A., Fukuda, I. 1982,Revised Catalogue of Stellar Rotational Velocities, Univ. Japan.Google Scholar