BOBMEX-98 pilot: Measurement and analysis of incoming shortwave radiation data
Empirical formulae for estimation of hourly incoming shortwave radiation over the Indian Ocean under different cloud amounts have been developed by using the pyranometer measurements of the incoming solar radiation and the cloud observations during BOBMEX Pilot (October–November 1998) cruise.
KeywordsRadiation cloud empirical formulae
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bradley E F, Godfrey J S, Nunez M, Coppin P A, 1990 Estimating the total heat flux into the tropical oceans;WCRP-43, Oct. 1990, 121–128Google Scholar
- Budyko M I 1974Climate and Life (London): Academic Press Inc. Ltd., 508 pp.Google Scholar
- Das H P and Pujari, A D 1993 A simple approach towards estimating solar irradiance;Mausam 44, 3, 239–242Google Scholar
- Dobson F W, Bretherton F P, Burridge D M, Crease J, Kraus E B and Von der Haar T H, 1982 The ‘CAGE’ experiment: A feasibility study. Report WCP-22;World Meteorological Organization, Geneva 95 pp.Google Scholar
- Ganesan, H R 1970, Estimates of solar radiance over India;India. J. Met. Geophys.,21 629–636Google Scholar
- Gopala Reddy K 1987 Parameterization of short-wave radiation in the Marine Atmosphere; (Canada: IUGG General Assembly, Vancouver)Google Scholar
- Lind R J 1981 Models of long and short wave irradiance with radiation estimates from JASIN 1978; M.Sc. Thesis, Dept. of Atmos. Sci., U. of Washington, Seattle, 129 pp.Google Scholar
- Lind R J and Katsaros K B 1982 Tests of radiation parameterizations for clear and cloudy conditions,JASIN News 22 6–9.Google Scholar
- Mohanty U C and Mohan Kumar N 1998 A method for estimation of net surface short-wave radiation over the Bay of Bengal;Indian J. Marine Sci.,27, 60–65Google Scholar
- Seckel G R and Beaudry F H 1973 The radiation from the sun and sky over the Pacific Ocean. (Abstract);Trans. Am. Geophys. Union 54 1114Google Scholar
- Wyrtki K 1971 Océanographie Atlas of the International Indian Ocean Expedition; (Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation), 531Google Scholar