On the Cohen-Macaulay property of diagonal subalgebras of the Rees algebra
- 35 Downloads
We consider the blowing up of ℙ k /n−1 along a closed subscheme defined by a homogeneous idealI ∪A=k[X 1, …,X n ] generated by forms of degree ≤d, and its projective embeddings by the linear systems corresponding to (I e ) c , forc≥de+1. The homogeneous coordinate rings of these embeddings arek[(I e ) c ]. One wants to study the Cohen-Macaulay property of these rings. We will prove that if the Rees algebraR A (I) is Cohen-Macaulay, thenk[(I e ) c ] are Cohen-Macaulay forc>>e>0, thus proving a conjecture stated by A. Conca, J. Herzog, N.V. Trung and G. Valla.
KeywordsExact Sequence Local Ring Polynomial Ring Noetherian Ring Closed Subscheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Bruns and J. Herzog,Cohen Macaulay rings, Cambridge studies in advanced mathematics, 39, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Conca, J. Herzog, N.V. Trung and G. Valla,Diagonal subalgebras of bigraded algebras and embeddings of blow-ups of projective spaces, preprint (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.S.D. Cutkosky and J. Herzog,Cohen-Macaulay coordinate rings of blowup schemes, preprint (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Eisenbud,Commutative Algebra with a View Toward Algebraic Geometry, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 150, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Hyry,The diagonal subring and the Cohen-Macaulay property of a multigraded ring, preprint (1996).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Simis, N.V. Trung and G. Valla,The diagonal subalgebra of a blow-up algebra, J. reine angew. Math., To appear.Google Scholar