Computing Turaev-Viro invariants for 3-manifolds
- 137 Downloads
We give a simple surface interpretation for each summand in the evaluation of Turaev-Viro invariants, for the case of small (up to eighth) roots of unity. From this interpretation follows an efficient scheme to compute these invariants. Extensive tables relative to a rich variety of 3-manifolds are explicitly presented.
KeywordsFundamental Group Closed Surface Admissible State Lens Space Jones Polynomial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [KL90] Louis H. Kauffman and Sóstenes Lins. An oriented 3-manifold invariant by state summation.Preprint, 1990Google Scholar
- [LD89] Sóstenes Lins and Cassiano Durand. A complete catalogue of rigid graph-encoded orientable 3-manifolds up to 28 vertices.Notas Com. Mat. UFPE, 168, 1989Google Scholar
- [LD90] Sóstenes Lins and Cassiano Durand. Topological classification of small graph-encoded orientable 3-manifolds.Preprint, 1990Google Scholar
- [LS90] Sóstenes Lins and Said Sidki. Characterizing fundamental groups of some graph-encoded 3-manifolds.In preparation, 1990Google Scholar
- [TV90] V. G. Turaev and O. Y. Viro. State sum invariants of 3-manifolds and quantum 6j-symbols.Preprint, 1990Google Scholar