Global bifurcations and chaos in a Van der Pol-Duffing-Mathieu system with three-well potential oscillator
- 16 Downloads
Semi-analytical and semi-numerical method is used to investigate the global bifurcations and chaos in the nonlinear system of a Van der Pol-Duffing-Mathieu oscillator. Semi-analytical and semi-numerical method means that the autonomous system, called Van der Pol-Duffing system, is analytically studied to draw all global bifurcations diagrams in parameter space. These diagrams are called basic bifurcation diagrams. Then fixing parameter in every space and taking parametrically excited amplitude as a bifurcation parameter, we can observe the evolution from a basic bifurcation diagram to chaotic pattern by numerical methods.
Key Wordssemi-analytical and semi-numerical method global bifurcations chaos van del Pol-Duffing-Mathieu system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen Yushu, Xu Jian. Periodic response and bifurcation theory of nonlinear Hill system.J Non Dyn Eng, 1993, 1: 1–14Google Scholar
- Guckenheimer, Holmes J. Nonlinear Oscillation, Dynamical System and Bifurcation of Vector Fields. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1983Google Scholar
- Bolotin VV. The Dynamic Stability of Elastic Systems. Holden-Day, 1964Google Scholar
- Chen YS. Bifurcation and Chaos Theory of Nonlinear Vibration Systems. Beijing: High-Education Press, 1993Google Scholar
- Wiggins S. Global bifurcation and chaos applicated method. Springer-Verlag, 1988Google Scholar