Visualization of flow structures in a turbulent boundary layer using a new technique
- 12 Downloads
In this paper, an experimental investigation on the flow structures in a turbulent boundary layer employing a special laser light sheet-Hydrogen bubble flow visualization technique is described. It is observed that the high/low speed streaks are directly related to the hairpin or horseshoe-like vortices. This observation can give a better understanding of the physical mechanism in the turbulent boundary layer.
Key Wordsstructures of turbulent boundary layer high/low speed streaks interface strings hair-pin or horseshoe-like vortices flow visualization Hydrogen bubble time line laser light sheet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kline S.J.,J FM, 30(1967), 741.Google Scholar
- Kim H.T., Kline S.J., Reynolds W.C.,JFM, 50(1971), 133.Google Scholar
- Smith C.R. & Metzler S.P.,JFM, 129(1983) 27–54.Google Scholar
- Lian Q. X, SINO-NASA Joint Foundament Experimental Aerodynamics Symposium, Hampton, USA, June (1987) 15–19.Google Scholar
- Head & Bandyopadhyay, Workshop on coherent structure of TBL'Lehigh University, (1978), 98.Google Scholar
- Head et al,JFM, 107(1987) 297.Google Scholar
- Acarlar & Smith,JFM, 175(1987), 1–83.Google Scholar