The MHD properties of ambipolar diffusion and quasi—Ambipolar diffusion in a plasma column
- 7 Downloads
In the present paper, based on the conservation law of mass and momentum for ion and electron, the distribution of velocity, density of ions and electrons along radial direction are solved numerically. Furthermore, the comparison between MHD properties of ambipolar and quasi-ambipolar diffusion is made. The numerical calculation is carried out for argon plasma. The results show that the ion density, ratio of ion and electron velocity at the cathode sheath boundary surface increase with the intensity of magnetic induction, meanwhile, the distance between sheaths decreases as well as the radial velocity of ion and electron at the anode sheath boundary. The ion density varies in accord with experiment qualitatively. All parameters mentioned above are not sensitive to magnetic field in ambipolar diffusion.
Key Wordsplasma column ambipolar diffusion quasi—ambipolar diffusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sidney, B.D., Hess, R.V. and Allario, F., Bulletin of the American Physics Society,13, 6 (1968), 889.Google Scholar
- Franklin, R.N., Plasma Phenomena in Gas Discharges, Oxford University Press (1976).Google Scholar
- Connolly, D.J. et al.AIAA J.,6, 7 (1968), 1271–1276.Google Scholar
- Hassan, H.A. and Thompson, C.C.,AIAA J.,7, 12 (1969), 2300–2304.Google Scholar
- Wang Qiping, Switching Arc Theory, Machine—Building Industry Press (1982), 45–97.Google Scholar