Visualization and analysis of longitudinal vortices at curved walls of 2D laminar and turbulent channel flows
- 6 Downloads
The 3D structure of longitudinal vortices at the curved walls of both laminar and turbulent channel flows are visualized by the hydrogen bubble technique. Together with the conditional sampling of the turbulent characteristics at the wall processed by the VITA method the dynamics of the near-wall structure is discussed.
Key Wordsturbulence coherent structure visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wortmann, F.X., AGARD CP 244 (1977).Google Scholar
- Johnston, J.P., Rep. MD-40 Thermosciences Div., Stanford Univ. (1982).Google Scholar
- Winoto, S.H. Proc. of 2nd Asian Congress of Fluid Mech. (1983).Google Scholar
- Zhang. Z. et al., Proc. Inter. Symp. on Refined Modeling of Turbulence and Measurements. Iowa, USA (1985).Google Scholar
- Blackwelder, R.F., et al.,JFM. 132 (1983), 87.Google Scholar
- Blackwelder, R.F., et al.,JFM,76 (1976), 89.Google Scholar
- SO. R.M.C. et al., NASA CR-940, (1972).Google Scholar
- Zhang. Z. & Lilley, G.M. Turbulent Shear Flows III, Springer (1982), 60.Google Scholar