Perturbation of symmetries of Birkhoff system and adiabatic invariants
- 42 Downloads
The perturbation of symmetries of the free Birkhoff system under small excitation is discussed. The concept of high-order adiabatic invariant is presented, and the form of adiabatic invariants and the conditions for their existence are given. Then these results are generalized to the constrained Birkhoff system. One example is presented to illustrate these results.
Key WordsBirkhoff system symmetry perturbation adiabatic invariants
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhao Yueyu, Mei Fengxiang. On the symmetries and conserved quantities of mechanical system.Advances in Mechanics, 1993, 23(3): 360–372 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu Dayou, Classical Dynamics. Beijing: Science Press, 1983 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Arnold VI. Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1978Google Scholar
- 4.Birkhoff GD. Dynamical System. Providence RI: AMS College Publ., 1927Google Scholar
- 6.Mei Fengxiang, Shi Rongchang, Zhang Yongfa, Wu Huibin. Dynamics of Birkhoff System. Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press, 1996 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Mei Fengxiang. Noether theory of Birkhoff system. Science in China (Series A), 1993, 23(7): 709–717 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Mei Fengxiang, Wu Huibin. The frame of the Noether's theory of Birkhoffian systems In: Proc. of ICNM-II, Beijing, 1993, 718–720Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao Yueyu, Mei Fengxiang. Symmetries and Conserved Quantities of Mechanical Systems. Beijing: Science Press, 1999 (in Chinese)Google Scholar