An analytical solution for the model of drug distribution and absorption in small intestine
- 5 Downloads
According to the physiological and anatomical characteristics of small intestine, neglecting the effect of its motility on the distribution and absorption of drug and nutrient, Y. Miyamoto et al. proposed a model of two-dimensional laminar flow in a circular porous tube with permeable wall and calculated the concentration profile of drug by numerical analysis. In this paper, we give a steady state analytical solution of the above model including deactivation term. The obtained results are in agreement with the results of their numerical analysis. Moreover the analytical solution presented in this paper reveals the relation among the physiological parameters of the model and describes the basic absorption rule of drug and nutrient through the intestinal wall and hence provides a theoretical basis for determining the permeability and reflection coefficient through in situ experiments.
Key Wordsdrug and nutrient distribution and absorption in small intestine model and analytical solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Miyamoto, Y., Hanano, M and Iga, T.,J. Theor. Biol. 102, (1983).Google Scholar
- Xu Mingyu and Zhao Guanglu,J. of Foreign Medicine, BME Fascicle 11, (1988) (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yuan, S. W., Finkelstein, A. B.Trans, ASME 78 (1956).Google Scholar
- Ochsenfahrt, H., and Winne, D.Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Arch. exp. Path. Pharmak. 279 (1973).Google Scholar
- Kedem, O. and Katchalsky, A.J. Gen. Physiol. 45 (1963).Google Scholar