Numerical investigation of the mechanism of asymmetric vortex flows
- 4 Downloads
A robust iterative method suitable for the numerical simulation of high angle of-attack vortex flows is established based upon the multiple line vortex model (MLVM). With symmetric or asymmetric positions of separation lines given, the first converged solution at an angle of attack as high as 60 degree is obtained by means of the present method. Numerical experiments for a tangent-ogive forebody indicate the viscous onset mechanism of asymmetric vortex flows over a body of revolution at high angles of attack and zero sideslip.
Key Wordsasymmetric vortex flow viscous mechanism multiple line-vortex model numerical investigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Johnson, F. T., Lu, P., Tinoco, E. N. and Epton, M. A., NASA CR-3278 (1978).Google Scholar
- Klopher, G. H. and Nielson, J. N., AIAA Paper 81-0361 (1981).Google Scholar
- Dyer, D. E., Fiddes, S. P. and Smith, J. H. B.,Aeron. Quart. 33 (1982), 293.Google Scholar
- Zhang, W., Ph. D. Dissertation, Northwestern Polytechnical Univ., July (1988).Google Scholar
- Keener, E. R., Chapman, G. T., Cohen, L. and Taleghain, J., NASA TM X-3437 (1977).Google Scholar