A new type of plate bending element
- 12 Downloads
Based on a two-field generalized variational principle, a new type of arbitrary quadrilateral plate bending element, with four nodes and with the effect of transverse shear deformation taken into account, is proposed. The element is applicable to a wide range of plate thickness and an explicit expression of stiffness matrix can be obtained. Therefore, it possesses the distinguished features of general applicability, high precision and less computer time.
Key Wordscomputational mechanics finite element plate bending element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu Haichang, Variational Principle of Theory of Elasticity with Applications, Science Press, Beijing, China (1984).Google Scholar
- Rinivas, S. and Rao, A.K., Flexure of thick rectangular plates,Journal of Applied Mechanics,40, 1(1973), 298–299.Google Scholar
- Pryor, C.W., Barker, R.M., and Frederick, D., Finite element bending analysis of reissner plates,Proc. Am. Soc. Civ. Eng.,96, EM6(1970), 967–983.Google Scholar
- Wang Jialin, Improvement of hyper-parametric element of plates and shells having 8 nodes,Journal of JILIN University of Technology, 1(1982), 1–11. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Chang Fovan, Bending of uniformly loaded cantilever rectangular plates,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics,1, 3(1980), 349–362. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wu Liangzhuo, The modified solution of finite element method in the structure,Acta Mechanics Solid Sinica, 4(1981), 459–467. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Pian, T.H.T., Some recent studies in assumed stress hybrid models, Advances in Computational Mechanics and Design, UAH Press, (1972), 87–106.Google Scholar