The strain solitary waves in a nonlinear elastic rod
- 8 Downloads
Solitary strain waves in a nonlinear elastic rod are analysed in this paper; influence of the physical and geometrical parameters of the rod on the waves are discussed; some main properties of the solitary waves are pointed out.
Key wordsnonlinear elastic rod solitary wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. A. Nariboli and A. Sedov, Burgers's-Korteweg-De Vries equation for viscoelastic rods and plates.J. Math Anal Appl,32, (1970).Google Scholar
- Zhu Weiqiu. The nonlinear wave in a elastic rod,Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica. 2, (1980). (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- A. H. Nayfeh and D. T. Mook, Nonlinear Oscillations (1979).Google Scholar
- Zhuang Wei Yang Guitong. The propagation of the solitary wave in a nonlinear elastic rod,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics,7, 7(1986).Google Scholar
- G. B. Whitham, Linear and Nonlinear Waves (1974).Google Scholar
- P. L. Bhatnager, Nonlinear Waves in One-Dimensional Dispersive System, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1979).Google Scholar
- Tosiya Taniuti and Katsunobu Nishihara, Nonlinear Waves, Pitman Press, Bath, Avon (1983).Google Scholar