Flow field calculation and its experimental verification for inertia stage of marine gas turbine air intake filter
- 5 Downloads
A numerical method is presented in this paper for the solution of flow field in marine gas turbine air intake filtration channel. The flow field was successfully calculated by this method, and aerodynamic characteristics were obtained for various types of filtration channels. This work is expected to be of practical importance for the design of such filters. Upstream difference was adopted to discretize the non-conservative type N-S equation for two-dimensional, time-dependnet, viscous and incompressible flow, and the stability, convergence, accuracy and artificial viscosity of the resulting difference equation were examined. This equation can be used to calculate viscous flows with Reynolds number up to tens of thousands. Also presented in this paper is a calculation method for treating wall vortex at boundary inflection points. Careful studies show that calculation based on the difference equational and wall vortex treatment proposed here are in good agreement with experimental results.
Key Wordsfilter calculation difference method computational fluid mechanics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Roache, P.J., Computational Fluid Dynamics, Hermosa, (1976).Google Scholar
- Dennis, S.C.R. and Hudso, J.D., Proceedings of The First International Conference on Numerical Methods in Laminar and Turbulent Flow, (1978), 69–80.Google Scholar
- Evans, D. J., Department of Compute Studies, University of Technology, Loughberrough, Leicestershire.Google Scholar
- Ye, Jingtang,Acta Mechanica Sinica,4(July 1983), 318–324 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang, Huisheng,Shanghai Mechanics,4, 2(1983), 78–86 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yao, Ming,Shipbuilding Science and Technology, 4(1983) (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Fyazier, C. T. and Ruskin, R.E., ASME Gas Turbine Conference, Paper No 79-GT-141, (1979).Google Scholar
- Tatge, R.B. Gordon, C.R. and Conley, R. S., ASME Gas Turbine Conference, Paper No 80-GT-174, (1980).Google Scholar
- Editorial Board of Marine Ship Information, Assembly of Information about Marine Gas Turbine Air Intake Filter, (February 1972) (In Chinese).Google Scholar