An analytical soluion of wave forces on large square cylinder
- 34 Downloads
Wave forces on large square cylinder are determined by using the conformal transformation method. It is found that only for square cylinder, the governing equation is still the Helmholtz equation after the conformal transformation. An analytical solution of wave forces on square cylinder is presented by using the solution of wave forces on a circular cylinder.
KeywordsCircular Cylinder Conformal Transformation Helmholtz Equation Cosn Wave Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhao Zi-dan and Lu Jung-liang, Action of the small amplitude wave on large rectangular cylinders,Acta Oceanologica Sinica,2, 3 (1980), 137–152. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Shankar, N.J., T. Balendra, and C.E. Soon, Wave forces on large vertical cylinders of square and rectangular sections,The Institution of Engineers, Australia (1982), 36–43.Google Scholar
- Isaacson, M. de St. Q., Wave forces on large square cylinders,Mechanics of Wave-Induced Forces on Cylinders, ed. T.L. Shaw, Pitman, London (1979), 609–622.Google Scholar
- Liang Kun-miao,Mathematical and Physical Methods, Beijing (1979), 441–446. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mogridge, G.R. and W.W. Jamieson, Wave forces on square caissons,Proc. 15th Coastal Eng. Conf., Honolulu,3 (1976), 2271–2289.Google Scholar