Vibration and damping analysis of a composite plate with active and passive damping layer
- 152 Downloads
The equations of motion and boundary conditions governing the vibration of nonsymmetric composite plates with active and passive dampings layer are derived. The analytical solution is first obtained for frequencies and loss factors of the plates with active constrained layer damping treatments. The distributions of electric potential across, the thickness of piezoelectric, layer and relevant governing equations are obtained when the direct and inverse, piezolectric effects are considered. The influence of the direct and inverse piezoelectric effects on the frequencies and loss factors are investigated.
Key wordsactive constrain free vibration loss factor
CLC numberO328 TB123
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Johnson Conor D, Kienholz D A, Finite element prediction of damping in structures with constrained viscoelastic layer[J].AIAA J, 1982,20(9): 1280–1284.Google Scholar
- Baz A, Ro J. Partial treatment of flexible beams with active constrained layer damping [A].Conference of Engineering Sciences Society[C]. ASME-AMD, 1993,167, 61–80.Google Scholar
- Baz A. Boundary control of beams using active constrained layer damping[J].ASME J Vibration and Acoustics, 1997,119: 166–172.Google Scholar
- Shen I Y. Bending-vibration control of composite and isotropic plates through intelligent constrained-layer treatments[J].Smart Mater Struct, 1994,3(3): 340–355.Google Scholar
- Shen I Y. A variation formulation, a work-energy relation and damping mechanisms of active constrained layer treatments[J].ASME J Vibration and Acoustics, 1997,119: 192–199.Google Scholar
- Liao W H, Wang K W. On the active-passive hybrid control actions of structures with active constrained layer treatment[J].ASME J Vibration and Acoustics, 1997,119: 563–572.Google Scholar